Client Business Description
Our client is a US-based industrial manufacturer that deals in manufacturing hardware tools.
- As our client is into hardware manufacturing, they wanted to streamline their inspection and quality check process for every individual hardware item they manufacture. They were also required to generate a quality certificate before it was shipped to the customers.
- Currently, they use a windows application where they had a large inventory list of the hardware products. It was a tedious process for the staff to choose the product from the large inventory list and receive their inspection status from the existing system. They find the products from their inventory list and manually update the quality status before getting the certificate and shipment of the item and this process was cumbersome and time taking.
We suggested developing a quality check application, which we developed with PowerApps as the front end and Azure SQL Server as its back end. We understand the client's requirements in detail and simplified them. The objective was to automate the entire tool inspection process and generate digital certificates in minutes.
We created batches of multiple products. Batches were created customer order-wise. Each batch could have multiple items.
We also save the batch into specific locations- the status of this batch is shown as “created”.
The batch is moved to a second warehouse where the items are inspected. The PowerApps scans the items, so they can be easily inspected using the bar code scanner that is integrated with the hardware.
The items are scanned and inspected using the multiple check properties. The properties have three parameters – passed, failed, or not tested. If everything is passed in the inspection, then the batch status is changed to “passed.”
Now each item generates a specific certificate in this batch. This certificate is printed and packed with the item before shipping to the customers.
- Saved Time: The customer saved a lot of time in the manual inspection of these products.
- Digitized the process: The client automated their process to improve the accuracy of their inspection process.
- Made the search smoother and easier: The bar code scanner integration helped make the search of their tools easier. This eliminated the manual searching process and saved a lot of time.
- Improved quality of products: It is now easier to check the quality of the product to determine which batch did not have the quality hardware item.
- Saved paper: The system generated digital certificates for each item while saving the paper for printed certificates.
- High Efficiency: PowerApps automated the process to ensure a more accurate system to help employees focus on completing high-value tasks.
MS SQL Server
Check Out Our SharePoint Custom Development
True SharePoint Experts!
We have worked with Beyond key on the development of our company intranet which is hosted in [...]
- Leon Allard
Excellent Tool and Customer Support
This tool is excellent, it is simple to use and configure and meets our business need.[...]
- Andy French
Amazing APP & support. Don't change.
We are using this as a people finder for our college. We did look at a few options[...]
- Darren Evans
App worked out of the box, I had a few questions on configuration so I email[...]
- Matt Williams
Getting your new employee up to speed can be a difficult task for even the most established companies. It’s a careful balancing act...
Emails get lost in the inbox, physical documents get misplaced and that’s when management starts to notice the communication…
No company likes employees leaving the organization when they become assets to the whole system. Inevitably…
Web parts are the main characteristic of your page in the site. One such dynamic web part is the news web part…
A couple of months ago, Microsoft introduced new branding and theming capabilities for the Modern SharePoint sites in Office 365…