Client business description
Our client is a US-based Hospital chain that had their 50+ healthcare centers excelling in treating patients with acute and chronic illnesses. They provide care and support in the most appropriate clinical setting for those recovering from illness or injury. They specialize in long-term acute care hospitals, inpatient rehabilitation, or behavioral health hospitals
- During the covid and post covid periods, they required a unified platform to track their inventory status on a daily basis across their 50+ healthcare centers.
- They intended to keep track of the number of available and occupied hospital beds, ICU status, Covid positive patients, recovered patients in each center, PPE kits, N95 masks, life-saving medications, IV injections, and much more.
- This application was necessary to assist them in making quick decisions such as relocating available resources to a center with a shortage or to a Centre that accepted a larger number of covid patients each day during the pandemic
Beyond Intranet’s Solution
After understanding the whole requirement of the client, Beyond Intranet recommended creating a SharePoint-based custom utility application for managing their Covid-related information and inventory.
Since this application required by the client was mostly to be used within the multiple centers of the hospital organization, we suggested they use a custom application using SharePoint Framework and React JS. The application was capable of storing real-time information with several dynamic parameters or dynamic questions.
The application helped the client in three major processes:
Giving them a unified dashboard where they could see the real-time status of their required parameters/ gadgets or machines
Tabular reports could be generated by the admin to understand the status and take quick decisions.
The application consisted of multiple user web portals where there was an interface for submitters, approvers, and super admin.
The submitter is capable of creating dynamic questions from the admin panel if he/ she is authorized to do so. They can submit the required information on this form and submit.
After they submit the information, the approver gets the notification of approving the details so it starts showing on the dashboard.
There are several exciting features of the application like:
- Tooltips can be added easily with every question by the admin from the admin panel itself to facilitate an easy explanation of each question.
- The order or numbering of any question can be controlled while creating them.
- Some of the fields were filled in manually, while some fields in the form were automatically filled up by the auto running scheduler from some excel sheets located outside the app environment.
- Power Automate is used to run the scheduler and also send the notification to the submitter and approval for new data entry.
- The questions were equipped with some relational algorithm/ compare logics amongst each other. This helped them to set up a condition like: Figure in answer A cannot exceed the figure on answer B.
- The forms are built to restrict the entry of future date data before completing the old date data. That means, the submitter cannot add data on the current date without completing the entry on all the past dates.
- Email notification is sent to the approver that information is not filled by the concerned responsible submitter.
With the implementation of the Covid information submission form, the client got the following benefits
- They may keep track of the required stats and refer to them from anywhere on the network.
- With this workflow, the manual process of data collecting and analysis was automated.
- The performance of hospital employees was also monitored, as when they failed to enter the correct information, an email message was sent to the approver, who could then take appropriate action.
- The manager can identify who has been consistent in filling out entries and double check the accuracy.
- The customer was given a single dashboard to see when and where the situation at the time of Covid was dire so that prompt action could be taken.
- The performance of critical gadgets was maximized, and action was taken at the central facility to monitor if they were out of commission for an extended period of time.
Check Out Our SharePoint Custom Development
True SharePoint Experts!
We have worked with Beyond key on the development of our company intranet which is hosted in [...]
- Leon Allard
Excellent Tool and Customer Support
This tool is excellent, it is simple to use and configure and meets our business need.[...]
- Andy French
Amazing APP & support. Don't change.
We are using this as a people finder for our college. We did look at a few options[...]
- Darren Evans
App worked out of the box, I had a few questions on configuration so I email[...]
- Matt Williams
How to Enhance New Employee Onboarding Experiences?
Getting your new employee up to speed can be a difficult task for even the most established companies. It’s a careful balancing act...
The Ideal Employee Onboarding Checklist for Increased Efficiency...
Emails get lost in the inbox, physical documents get misplaced and that’s when management starts to notice the communication…
9 Best practices for flawless Employee Offboarding
No company likes employees leaving the organization when they become assets to the whole system. Inevitably…
Use the News web part on a SharePoint page
Web parts are the main characteristic of your page in the site. One such dynamic web part is the news web part…
How to get Custom Theme for your Modern SharePoint site
A couple of months ago, Microsoft introduced new branding and theming capabilities for the Modern SharePoint sites in Office 365…