Microsoft PowerApps | Case Study | Attendance System
Our client is a Western Australia-based non-profit organization that works with young people and families to increase their participation in employment, training, and education opportunities. They aim to build capacity by empowering them to reach their full potential and provide support to and positively engage with children, young people, and families. They also manage services and programs for the provision of youth and family support in accordance with the funding guidelines and strategic direction of the association.
With the aim of increasing the engagement and skills of children, young people, and families, the NGO offers several programs and activities every day. These activities are open to all those who are homeless and cannot afford to spend the night in a safe zone.
- The NGO needed a system in place where they could manage the attendance system (check-in and check-out) of these children from specific locations to the activity center and drop off.
- They provided buses and vans in specific areas and picks up students, children, and young people who are on the street and attendance was captured on the location of pick-up and drop
- They have specific activities as per age group, gender, and communities.
- They take care of specific communities that are exposed to anti-social activities, especially during the afternoon and night time.
Leveraging Office 365 License and PowerApps services
Understanding the requirement of the client, we suggested using Power Platform, especially PowerApps, to create an attendance management system. They already had an Office 365 and SharePoint license, and this could help them to use it to its full potential.
Integration of PowerApps with SharePoint and Bing Maps
We decided to create a complete list of all children, youth, and families who were participating in the various programs. This list was created in SharePoint, which was then integrated within the PowerApps. The NGO also wanted to track the location of each participant who was checking-in, so we suggested integrating the app with Bing Maps to track the location.
Enterprise Mobility, Flexibility and Easy to Use the App
We created an enterprise-level application that was integrated with their SharePoint list. They could easily manage, add, or delete names of participants in this list. Their faculties that were responsible for managing the pickup and drop off participants had installed this application on their mobile phones. All they had to do was choose the right activity and the correct participant name and click the check-in button at the time of pick up and check-out at the time of drop off. The data was again saved in the SharePoint list.
Power BI Enabled Reports
The admin department was responsible for keeping track of detailed information as to how many children, youth, and families were benefitted on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis with each of their programs. For this, we suggested using Power BI and creating extremely intuitive and informative dashboards and reports which were customizable as well.
- The NGO could get an enterprise-level application in a very short span of time.
- They could save on cost just because the development of applications using PowerApps was far cheaper than custom application development.
- Sharing of application internally with several faculty members at a time was very easy as the application was available on Teams.
- The application was on mobile, so it was available anytime, anywhere, on the go.
- The admin could easily keep track of how many participants were benefitting from each program and activity.
Explore more about Beyond Intranet’s
PowerApps service offerings
True SharePoint Experts!
We have worked with Beyond key on the development of our company intranet which is hosted in [...]
- Leon Allard
Excellent Tool and Customer Support
This tool is excellent, it is simple to use and configure and meets our business need.[...]
- Andy French
Amazing APP & support. Don't change.
We are using this as a people finder for our college. We did look at a few options[...]
- Darren Evans
App worked out of the box, I had a few questions on configuration so I email[...]
- Matt Williams
Getting your new employee up to speed can be a difficult task for even the most established companies. It’s a careful balancing act...
Emails get lost in the inbox, physical documents get misplaced and that’s when management starts to notice the communication…
No company likes employees leaving the organization when they become assets to the whole system. Inevitably…
Web parts are the main characteristic of your page in the site. One such dynamic web part is the news web part…
A couple of months ago, Microsoft introduced new branding and theming capabilities for the Modern SharePoint sites in Office 365…