Client Business Background
Sipcam Agro USA, Inc. is recognized worldwide for its chemical formulation and manufacturing expertise. The company produces, distributes, and markets plant protection products in the agricultural, turf, ornamental, and material preservation industry.
- Sipcam Agro received multiple invoices on an everyday basis from some of their 300 vendors.
- Their employees struggled to manage the email attachments and scanned invoices.
- To initiate the approval processes for vendor payment, it was difficult to search for key information for example, vendor’s name, invoice number, and other pertinent information on the scanned invoices.
- It consumed huge time and efforts of their employees to find and add information manually into their existing system.
The Sipcam team needed a solution that could automate their invoice processing and drive faster and error-free approvals.
Beyond Key built a custom Microsoft 365 AI solution using Optical Character Recognition technology (OCR) which automated the invoices meta-tagging and approval processes in SharePoint Online.
Now the invoices could be automatically read from an email and then pushed to the SharePoint document library.
Once an invoice is uploaded in the SharePoint document library, it could be parsed, and the data automatically captured in SharePoint document library fields based on specific meta tags like:
Finally, the invoice is ready for approval from the respective Approver.
How it works
- The invoice is received as a file attachment in Outlook Email or one drive.
- Using this URL as a source, the form recognizer parses the invoice data.
- It automatically gets uploaded and the Power Automate triggers sending the document to the SharePoint document library.
- Power Automate calls the Form Recognizer API to read and upload the invoice to Azure Blob storage. The new file has a specific file URL.
- Parsed data is saved in the document library based on the invoice’s metadata and sent for approval.
- Permissions are configured so that the invoice details are shared only with the departments associated with the vendor.
- Approval Emails are sent to the respective approver identified by vendor name configured by the user/admin.
- A two-step approval can be applied, if required, with a threshold limit of invoice amount)
- The process owner gets notified whenever someone approves or rejects a request.
The solution fast-tracked Sipcam’s invoice approval process from weeks or months - into minutes!
The client could earn higher revenue and customer satisfaction through increased trust.
The consultants saved efforts in installing the application on every customers’ environment. Now JSC’s customers- purchased the add-in from AppSource and start using instantly.
They saved time, money, and efforts to manage and implement ISO certifications across their several customer accounts.
Check Out Our SharePoint Custom Development
True SharePoint Experts!
We have worked with Beyond key on the development of our company intranet which is hosted in [...]
- Leon Allard
Excellent Tool and Customer Support
This tool is excellent, it is simple to use and configure and meets our business need.[...]
- Andy French
Amazing APP & support. Don't change.
We are using this as a people finder for our college. We did look at a few options[...]
- Darren Evans
App worked out of the box, I had a few questions on configuration so I email[...]
- Matt Williams
Getting your new employee up to speed can be a difficult task for even the most established companies. It’s a careful balancing act...
Emails get lost in the inbox, physical documents get misplaced and that’s when management starts to notice the communication…
No company likes employees leaving the organization when they become assets to the whole system. Inevitably…
Web parts are the main characteristic of your page in the site. One such dynamic web part is the news web part…
A couple of months ago, Microsoft introduced new branding and theming capabilities for the Modern SharePoint sites in Office 365…