Sync Your Way to Efficiency
“If your organization uses SharePoint online and Azure Active Directory, you probably know how annoying it is when you face trouble while synchronizing data. Missing information, lack of technical knowledge required, no knowledge about the status of sync etc. all adds up to some major problems. To solve this issue, we’ve developed an amazing tool to help you seamlessly sync your data from Azure active directory to SharePoint online. Presenting: ‘SharePoint Azure AD Connect’.”
There are only a fixed number of fields that are synced from Azure AD to SharePoint user profile. Microsoft does not provide synchronization for all the fields in SharePoint user profile from Azure AD Connect. Sometimes the business user has a specific requirement for a field to be synced to SharePoint user profile. That’s where the issue arises.
Summarized Problem statement:
1. There are a set of fields in Azure AD (company, street address, city, postal code, state etc.) which are not getting synced to the SharePoint Online User Profile.
2. Also, there’s an issue with syncing between On-Prem Active Directory and SharePoint online. If any custom attribute is added in the local Active directory, how do you sync this attribute in SharePoint User Profile in SharePoint Online/Office 365.
There are already available solutions to sync the user profiles.
1. Bulk updating user profile properties
2. Customizing the profile mappings
Now you might be wondering: if there are already plenty of solutions available, what makes our tool different?
There are some problems that come along with these already available solutions:
1. You will have to write a PowerShell script to perform the sync.
2. You will have to run the script each time whenever you want to perform the sync.
3. You need to have programming language knowledge to write scheduler task. A scheduler will get the data from a local AD or Azure AD and then updates that data in SharePoint user profile. However, without having SharePoint development knowledge, this task is not easy to perform by any administrator level user or by the business user.
4. Also, if you want to add any additional field, redevelopment and redeployment is required.
Not easy enough, right? Nothing to worry about. We are here to help!
Why you need our tool?
Well, the answer is simplicity and ease of use. We have simplified the process for your convenience so that you can save time and money. The solution requires initial configuration, but after that, it will sync data from any Azure AD field to any SharePoint User Profile field.
The process to use SharePoint Azure AD Connect is quick to learn. All you have to do is provide the attributes that are needed to be mapped and you’re all set.
How SharePoint Azure AD Connect works?
SharePoint Azure AD connect does have some configurations prerequisite, so user can set these configurations using our utility manual, or we can help to set up these configurations.
Once the configurations are completed, the user just needs to run a .exe file to sync data or the user can also schedule this .exe file in Windows task scheduler.
Now that’s easy.