5 Top SharePoint Apps for your business
Traditionally, the HR process is paperwork-heavy by nature, and after many challenges and observations, Microsoft has finally migrated its HR services to the cloud. Microsoft SharePoint apps are here to save the day.
Having a cloud-based HR service both centralizes and automates a lot of tasks that will make your life easier. Not only does it cut on physical paperwork, you also have access to automated approvals, organized common questions and files, a single-source shop for everything, etc.
These measures were made to facilitate the search for high-quality applicants, to improve employee retention, morale, and satisfaction, as well as managing performances. Not just that, but because it’s SharePoint, you can use PowerApps and Flow along with it to seamlessly deliver all the required information to desktops, tablets, and phones.
So let’s take a look at the Top 5 SharePoint Apps waiting for you in SharePoint!
Employee Onboarding and Offboarding Software
The onboarding and offboarding solution built on SharePoint can help speed up the process of getting new employees up to speed and make sure that employees can get to what they need faster. This SharePoint app is very helpful to organizations in a lot of different ways.
Proper procedures make sure that a person’s access to protected systems is based on their role and not on who they are.
The old way of doing things took days or weeks to get to critical systems, but now employees in each function can get to the systems they need in a matter of hours or less.
SharePoint helps employees:
- Speed up the rate at which you add value to an organization.
- Get them out of the “new job limbo” phase as soon as possible so they can feel more comfortable at work.
- Soon, they will like their jobs more.
Offboarding an employee
It’s never easy when a worker quits. But since offboarding is the last step in an employee’s lifecycle, a company needs to leave an impression that will last.
A well-planned offboarding program can help you avoid common mistakes and make the whole process of leaving easier for both you and the person who is leaving.
Let’s look at some of the most important reasons why SharePoint offboarding is so important.
- You can keep in touch with employees who are leaving.
- Good employees are more likely to come back if the terms for leaving are clear.
- You can learn a lot from people who are leaving your company.
Within the SharePoint apps is the company staff directory that records the names, email addresses, contact information, certifications, and job-related information of all the employees across the organization. It may also include personal details and curious facts about the employees. These databases can be organized, defined, and designated for specific tasks.
Common uses of a company employee directory are listed below-
- A company staff directory helps the employees have a clear view of the positional hierarchy. An employee directory becomes very handy in day-to-day tasks, allowing employees to obtain information with whom to collaborate. Employees will be able to find out which department someone works in or who to talk to in the office if they need to.
- An employee directory allows employees to find where someone is located and understand their schedule- The employees directory contains a column containing the location and availability of every employee. Thus, this information is quite valuable for scheduling meetings quickly between the employees and determining the best time to call them if they are in another time zone.
- An employee directory allows employees to connect quickly- Using the directory’s information, employees can click on calls without wasting much time on emails. Many remote workers make use of the employee directory to understand their co-workers.
Features of an efficient employee directory are listed below-
- A good company employee directory is easy to access, can be highly customized per user’s needs, and responds quickly to all possible queries.
- An employee directory can be helpful when it is easy to navigate and visually appealing. Simple designs, easy search, and clear organizational charts allow employees to use the employee directory frequently.
- An updated directory contains the latest information and documents every change in job title, location, projects, etc. Automation and user-friendly operations are needed to keep the employee directory updated.
One of the most powerful SharePoint app. A typical Office 365 org chart shows the internal structure or hierarchy of the company. It shows how different functions, departments, teams, and people work together. It is usually a picture of a business’s jobs, responsibilities, and relationships, which may have real or virtual offices in more than one place. It could help employees who work from home or in other places.
Beyond Intranet’s SharePoint org chart lets you show your organization’s structure from top to bottom in an easy-to-read flowchart format to help people talk to each other better.
Layout and Syncing
- Easy and automatic syncing of employee information from SharePoint user profile
- Self-explanatory flowchart to depict company hierarchy
- Display employee information in attractive tile pattern
- Show profile picture, name, department, and designation
- Export to excel
Configure and Manage Hierarchy Content Yourself
- Easily assign alternate departments or managers to the same employee
- Filter employees easily based on departments
- Separately show employees who have no reporting managers
- Exclude employees using Excluded Users Name
- Manage Your Hierarchy View
- Switch easily between vertical or horizontal view
- User-based access on Configuration section
- Different tile color to show employee listed in multiple departments
- Exclude any department easily
- Department Mapping enables you to start hierarchy from any department
A Knowledge management software portal could benefit employees and HR departments. It makes communication, collaboration, and information availability easier.
A knowledge management site collects and organizes essential information for employees. Firm policies, guidelines, training materials, and job-specific information are part of this. Employees save time and increase productivity by removing the need to explore many sources of information.
Internal communication and collaboration are facilitated through knowledge management sites. It enables employees to submit information and ideas while allowing HR staff to notify big modifications to the entire firm. This results in better decision-making, problem-solving, and productivity.
Employee performance can also be tracked via knowledge management websites. HR companies can use training and development modules to track employee progress and identify training gaps. Employee retention and performance may improve.
The knowledge management portal can boost an organization’s productivity by making critical information easily accessible, improving communication and cooperation, and tracking employee progress and performance. It increases productivity, retention, and satisfaction while costing very little.
The Employee Spotlight portal can assist both employees and HR personnel. It improves employee engagement, communication, and recognition.
Employees can be honored for their efforts by using an Employee Spotlight website. This can involve exceeding performance targets, taking on more tasks, or going above and beyond. Employee appreciation increases morale, engagement, and retention.
A website dedicated to employees improves internal communication and teamwork. It allows employees to brag and HR teams to share important company news. Employees can share best practices and ideas and learn from one another.
The Employee Spotlight site of an HR software can increase an organization’s productivity by recognizing employee contributions, improving communication and collaboration, and creating a sense of community and belonging. It increases engagement, retention, and satisfaction at a cheap cost.
Conclusion on SharePoint Apps
Not only that, but the SharePoint HR site provides several options for your present procedure. If you’re already a member of the Microsoft 365 family, switching your HR process to utilizing SharePoint apps is the best way to go. This is especially true if you use SharePoint in conjunction with Office 365.
If you want to learn more about what else is available, contact us at Beyond Intranet or take a look at SharePoint apps to automate and streamline HR processes.