How to create a classic site collection from the new admin center
Since Office 365 became Microsoft 365, many users have had several questions on how to use the new admin center. Specifically, those who were familiar with the old version are finding it difficult to locate many of the features they have come to rely on in the past.
For example, the classic site collection has been changed. However, since most SharePoint users still works on the classic SharePoint sites, they are not sure where to search for this information.
In this blog we address this problem and help you to create classic sites in the new admin center.
7 steps to create classic SharePoint sites in the new SharePoint admin center.
1. Click ‘SharePoint’ under ‘Admin centers’ in the ‘Microsoft 365 admin center’.
2. This SharePoint admin center will open. Click the ‘More features’ in the left pane of the ‘SharePoint admin center’.
3. Scroll down the page and you will see ‘Classic site collection page’.
4. Click on the ‘Open’ button, and the classic site collection page will open.
5. Click on the ‘New’ button and select ‘Private Site Collection’ to create a new classic site.
6. On the ‘new site collection’ form fill out the details and click ‘OK’.
7. A new site will be created under classic site collection page in a few seconds. This site can also be accessed from the modern site collection page.
Above we shared the steps to create a classic site collection using the new SharePoint admin center. As we stated earlier, many people still work on the classic site collections and don’t need to move to the modern site. This quick tutorial can help them find the sites they already created as well as the ability to create new ones.
If you need more help on SharePoint, contact us at [email protected].