Benefits of Employee Database Software
Many companies that maintain manual employee records without using appropriate employee database software face issues such as missing documents, outdated information, and filtering the records.
An inefficient employee database software fails in situations where the data is constantly evolving. The HR department invests substantial time in generating company insights and performance reviews using traditional methods.
Even after using tedious methods for generating reports, the data is unreliable and has many redundancies. As a result, companies need to be able to make strategic business decisions and fail to plan as desired.
An employee database software comes to rescue situations where the employee data is vast, and maintaining it manually is time-consuming and not beneficial.
What is employee database software?
Employee database software helps companies and businesses store, maintain, filter, and track employee records in a secure and centralized platform. Employee database software is considered a proper administration and management tool that helps centralize employee documents and promote transparency in company operations.
Companies can rise to new heights as everything works better with the right employee database software. It streamlines HR processes and helps in managing vast amounts of employee data. Employee database software is a defining factor behind the growth and development of the company.
What should an employee database software consist of?
An employee database software consists of crucial features and records that make the work more organized. Employee records, custom reports, payroll, and training records should be maintained in an employee database.
Compensation-related records, termination records, training records, and benefit plans are stored in the employee database. It also consists of candidate resumes, performance reviews, and employee assessments.
Thus the employee database software stores much data that can be easily retrieved in one place. Employee database software also consists of employees’ personal data, including name, address, emergency contacts, salary, and hire date.
What’s more in an Employee Database Software?
Tools like employee directories and organizational charts illustrate the relationships shared among each employee. These tools help prevent duplicated work, improve communication within the team and make implementation more manageable, and save on costs.
An employee directory stores information about employees’ working hours, contact information, vacation schedule and other essential information. The data stored in the employee directory provides insights about employees and helps organizations make better human resources decisions.
Employees can quickly access information from the employee directory and use the data to build better working relationships and strengthen the company culture.
An employee directory helps managers to be more effective at assisting the company employees. It is also helpful in finding people with specific skills and expertise.
The increase in remote work settings has increased the need for an employee directory: Microsoft 365 and SharePoint support companies in setting up their employee directories.
An organizational chart displays an organization’s internal structure and defines a company’s employee relationship hierarchy. It is a form of visual representation consisting of lines and boxes representing relationships and operating levels.
Essential uses of an organizational chart
- An organizational chart strengthens collaboration and allows employees to learn about each other and find companions with similar interests.
- An organizational chart provides a clear picture of the interactional pattern of an organization. Additionally, it points out any overlapping or duplication of activities.
Benefits of an organizational chart
- An organizational chart improves clarity and communication for a business. It effectively manages growth and allows companies to predict future outcomes accurately.
- An organizational chart improves employees’ efficiency, improves communication lines, and minimizes time wasted on redundant activities.
An organizational chart directly contributes to the organization’s growth and allows the employees to visualize the bigger picture. Lastly, it also depicts the lines of authority that ought to be followed.
Features of an employee database software
By optimizing the most critical HR tasks, employee database software helps retain the best talent by allowing them to pick new projects. An employee database software leads to a paperless onboarding system, as companies can recruit new employees with the help of these automated solutions. The following are some features of employee database software-
- An employee database software keeps track of employee attendance and ensures that the payroll reporting is accurate. It stores the exact number of working hours of the employees and allows the company to pay them for the actual hours they worked.
- Managers can track the employees’ performance, which helps identify the areas where the employees lag. Further coaching and counseling of the employees can help them maximize their productivity. In addition, this digital solution also efficiently tracks remote employees’ work hours.
- An employee database software offers various security measures, including data encryption and multi-factor authentication, to protect employee information. The automated database provides the company with the highest accuracy and security level so it can stay compliant.
- Many organizations use the absence and leave management feature that offers easy access to leave details. Employers are quickly notified of the leave requests made by employees.
- This all-in-one HR solution offers digital time-off requests and enhances the relationship between management and employees. The HR team no longer enters the information manually, and thus they have more time to execute larger office projects. This effective management of the employees forms the road to the company’s success.
- Lastly, employee database software provides access to the organization’s hierarchy and understands the reporting structure. This is one of the best features offered as it ensures no employee is overloaded with responsibilities. Each employee is well-aware of their job responsibilities and contributions toward the organization’s growth.
Significant advantages of employee database software
- Employees get regular reminders and notifications related to tasks and upcoming deadlines with the help of employee onboarding software. This automated solution allows businesses to keep track of critical dates and activities with automatic email reminders.
- With the help of employee database software, companies can store and track employee information on one platform. One can access and update the data with just a click. This employee self-service option reduces errors and administrative workload by allowing employees to edit their information.
- The employee database software makes processes more efficient and helps in improving the performance of the employees. Additionally, maintaining proper employee records leads to enhanced data security. The employee database software helps build a robust system that does not allow misuse of information.
- An efficient employee database software drives employee engagement and reduces workplace frustration as employees have instant, secure, and controlled access to employee records. Thus employee database software boosts employee engagement and thus maximizes employee productivity.
- An employee database software transforms the image of the company in the marketplace. As all the employees enter their records by themselves, the chances of mistakes are negligible. Their information is reliable and further enhances collaborations within the company. Many employee database software allows employees to add data related to their certifications, languages, past projects, and projects in progress. These additional columns lead to more outstanding communication within and between teams. Remote employees can work efficiently by collaborating with other teams leading to better idea generation across the organization.
- An employee database software helps in sharing best practices across the board. As the employee database consists of the employees’ contact details, employees can quickly connect with their peers and build professional relationships. This digital solution leads to work satisfaction, task planning, and better business decisions.
- An employee database software allows companies to build an organizational structure by adding custom entities. Businesses can customize their workforce according to the requirements and stay up-to-date with compliance changes.
- The employee database software is a cloud-based tool, so employees can access the data from anywhere and using any device. Managing the employee portal leads to limited paperwork and allows the employees to invest their time in new projects.
- An employee database software allows companies to visualize data and obtain better clarity. Dynamic organizational charts help get an overview of the workforce. It is also valuable for computing HR metrics like work anniversaries, service length, and other personal occasions. Celebrating special and other milestones allows employees to connect and enhance work satisfaction.
An efficient employee database software leads to a healthy corporate culture
An employee database software fosters smooth relationships between HR and employees and helps design employee development plans. An employee database software manages expenses and streamlines onboarding and training processes. By prioritizing employee data, it leads to the constructive management of staff by analyzing their performance.
An employee database software helps make strategic decisions and ponder on turnover rates to productivity. Investing in the right employee database software helps in reducing workload and wasting time on low-value and repetitive tasks. It allows the employees to spend their time on higher-value tasks. It provides accurate and enterprise-level security to protect employee data and ensures that the employees have exclusive access to it.
An employee database software allows companies to make informed decisions and works as an easy solution to improve collaboration between teams, integrate with other groups on new projects, onboard new employees, and search for people with a specific skill set. Thus employee database software offers a well-structured mechanism for storing data and increases responsibility and performance.
With more than 16 years of experience in HR solutions, Beyond Intranet has found the key elements that, if met, allow employee database software to give the best return on investment. Try today and see how it transforms your HR processes.